In a tragic turn of events, the escalating violence between Gaza and Israel has resulted in a devastating toll:
- At least 300 people have lost their lives.
- Over 2,000 individuals have been injured.
- Palestinian Health Ministry reports 232 casualties and 1,790 injuries in Gaza.
- Israeli Health Ministry confirms over 100 fatalities and more than 900 injuries.
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) have declared a “state of alert for war” as a response to the surprise attack by Palestinian militants. The militants fired approximately 2,200 rockets toward Israel, according to the IDF, with Hamas claiming an even higher number, around 5,000 rockets, landing primarily in southern and central Israel.
- President Biden reiterates unwavering support for Israel’s security.
- Biden administration remains in constant contact with regional leaders.
- Panic ensues at an Israeli music festival targeted during the attacks.
A senior White House official stated that it is “too early” to determine any potential involvement by Iran in these attacks.
This situation continues to evolve rapidly, with grave humanitarian consequences in both Gaza and Israel.