Voting day is finally here, which means the brutal midterm election cycle is about to wrap up.
Whether for good or for ill all depends on your point of view.
These are the races you’ll want to keep a close eye on, as they have the greatest impact to the overall landscape moving forward:
- Georgia Senate: This is one of the first states to close polls, and results in the Georgia Senate race between Sen. Raphael G. Warnock and controversy-laden Herschel Walker. A victory from Warnock could give Dems some hope across the country to hold onto a slim Senate majority, while a loss here could be devastating.
- New Hampshire: The GOP gained serious ground over the past few weeks for their candidate Don Bolduc facing incumbent Sen Maggie Hassan. If he comes close to (or even unseats) unseating Hassan, it’s a bad sign for Dems.
- Michigan Governor: Incumbent Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) was once considered a home-run for Dems, but the race has turned competitive against her rival Tudor Dixon.
- Indiana: Rep. Frank J. Mrvan (D) is trying to fend off Republican Jennifer-Ruth Green. If Green wins in this early-close state, Dems face a difficult night. Biden won this district by 8 points in 2021, so a Republican win here is a bad sign for Democrats.
- Florida: In Florida, Republican-turned-Democrat Charlie Crist is facing off against wildly popular Republican Ron DeSantis. Although many Democrats admit they’ve given up hope in the Sunshine State and DeSantis is favored to win, how close the race ultimately comes could be a bellwether of Florida’s political future.
Get out and vote today, and keep an eye on these too-hot-to-handle races.
I hope the best will happen to the American people in the election