To get everyone up to speed, including myself, I received some fascinating research I would like to share. Here are some FACTZ to make you aware of in the dating generational dating game of Millennials and Gen Z:
- 72% of millennials make a conscious decision to be single. They value freedom and independence.
- 75% of Gen Z are single.
- 44% of millennials are married.
- Millennials spend an average of two hours a day on dating apps.
- 74% of millennials and Gen Zers use dating apps.
- 90% of Gen Z say they are frustrated with dating apps.
- The most popular reason for ghosting is to avoid confrontation.
- 56% of women and men have been ghosted.
- 29% of millennials and Gen Z have married at the same age as 59% of older generations.
- 30% of millennials and Gen Z say that their financial situation is holding them back from dating.
- Gen Z is having less casual sex than previous generations. 24% of Gen Zers have sex on an everyday basis.
- Attitudes to cheating and open relationships are more liberal than before, as many people (43%) want a monogamous relationship as a non-monogamous relationship.
So pretty much, I’m screwed. Thank you to Briana MacWilliam for compiling this information from Pew Research and other statistical sites.