What makes for a movie-like weekend crime spree in Las Vegas? One crazy criminal and a car belonging to the step-daughter of Nevada gubernatorial candidate and sheriff Joe Lombardo.
Oh and 253 grams of cocaine and 1.3 kilos of methamphetamine.
The action started in QueensRidge and ended hours later as the perp was found unconscious in a car he had driven into the desert near Mountains Edge.
This is just a snapshot of what suspect Jacob Sauls, 26, pulled off:
- Grand larceny of a motor vehicle
- Attempted grand larceny of a motor vehicle
- Attemped home invasion
- Attempted robbery with a deadly weapon
- Burglary of a motor vehicle
- Burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon
- Driver disobeying a peace officer, endangering others’ person/property
- Trafficking Schedule I, II controlled substance (more than 100 grams, less than 400 grams)
- Trafficking Schedule I controlled substance (more than 400 grams)
- Possession/receiving/transfer of a stolen vehicle
Sauls is also being held on a fugitive warrant out of Montana, and is scheduled to appear before a judge on Thursday on that charge.
At the center of the action — 12 vanilla cupcakes with red, white and blue sprinkles and a 2018 Audi Q5.
Story developing …